Minimum Requirements for nomination
- Applicant must be a senior in high school
- Applicant must have achieved at least two (2) of the following: (a) minimum of B+ average; (b)ranked in the top 25% of class; (c) ACT score of 24 or an SAT score of 1100 (Math and Reading)
- Applicant must have participated in two sports for at least two years in each sport and continue to play two sports in his/her senior year.
- Applicant must have earned at least one varsity letter in each of two sports
- Applicant must complete attached scholar/essay application
- Applicant must have a letter of recommendation from the high school athletic administrator/director (* see below)
- School athletic administrator/director must be an NIAAA member and a member of their respective state athletic administrators association
- The principal or athletic administrator/director must sign the application to ensure that the academic information submitted is accurate
- Please return applications to your Athletic Director to process and send to the appropriate representative of the NHADA.
- All hard copy materials must be postmarked or electronic materials sent to the divisional rep by each school's AD by January 31, 2020.
The divisional representatives are:
D4 - Fred Vezina email@example.com
D3 - Karen Bonney firstname.lastname@example.org
D2 - Brice Miller email@example.com
D1 - Annie Matarazzo firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations on being selected as a Scholar Athlete from your high school. Each nominee is eligible to apply for the $500 NHADA Scholarship which will be awarded to one male and one female from each of the four divisions. The application can be obtained by clicking HERE.
We are using this application because we will be sending the application of each scholarship winner (who qualifies), to the NIAAA for consideration for their regional and national awards/scholarships. ALL Scholar-Athlete winners qualify for the NHADA scholarship, so we encourage everyone to apply. *Athletic Director recommendations are not needed, until our Divisional winners have been announced.
Each divisional male and female winner will recieve a $500 scholarship.
One male and one female will each receive a plaque recognizing them as state winners.
One male and one female in each of the eight NIAAA sections will each receive a $1,500 scholarship and a plaque recognizing them as section winners.
One male and one female will be selected from the eight section winners to each receive a $2,500 scholarship and a glass etching recognizing them as national winners in addition to attending the National Conference for Athletic Administrators in December to present their essay.
- Applications are returned to each high school AD by the deadline. AD is responsible to mail/email to the division representative. For New Hampshire the deadline is January 31, 2020.
- Each state must select a male and female winner prior to its NIAAA Section meeting
- April-June: Each section selects its male and female winner
- July: NIAAA Board selects the male and female national winner
- August: National winners notified by NIAAA office
- December: National winners and their parents are invited to attend the national conference to be recognized and present their essay