CHALK TALKS FOR COACHES:
We've got the Coach Chalk Talks up and running and currently have 4 sessions scheduled. These will be interactive sessions with Q & A at the end. The link where the complete schedule will be listed is: bit.ly/nhchalktalks
Here's what's coming up:
Thur 4/2, 4pm - Tim Santoro, Head Women's Soccer Coach - NC State
Tue 4/2, 5pm - Cam Ellsworth, Head Men's Hockey Coach - Norwich University
Tue 4/7, 4pm - Kelly Doton - Head Field Hockey Coach - Boston College
Tue 4/7, 4pm - Robert Gary - Head Men's & Women's XC Coach - Furman University
We are really fortunate these coaches have agreed to participate as these folks are high level coaches, and there are more in the works. ** One thing we need to make sure is that these sessions are coaches only and no high school students can be in on the sessions **
COACH RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH STUDENT ATHLETES:
1. Set up a Zoom/Skype/Google Hangout/Google Meet/Google Classroom/band app
2. Send an email to all parents and athletes on your team inviting them to join
(JV and Frosh coaches should do the same).
3. Do not chat with one athlete individually- make it a team meeting.
(always include parents if they want to participate-this in new territory for them too).
4. Plan meetings for the same time daily/weekly/M-W-F as if it was practice time.
5. Set a schedule/agenda:
Check in to see how each athlete is doing emotionally - allow time for each to talk.
Discuss how remote learning is going: issues, concerns, etc.
Discuss workouts they can do individually to stay in shape with and without equipment.
Chalk talk time can wrap it up so they are ready strategically once the season begins.
6. Ask your team to watch a sports movie (suggested list below) and come back to discuss lessons learned. Make it relevant.
7. Post workouts to be done individually.
8. Remind them of the next session date and time.